-Establish networks of diverse stakeholders including government, civil society, education (formal and non-formal), media, industry etc.
- Develop the exchange and transfer of good practices carried out in different European cities and implement outreach activities that promote multiculturalism in the workplace.
- Promote the expansion of employment opportunities for gipsy population and promote training activities for trainers, social workers and mediators on discrimination.
- To raise awareness on issues of racism and xenophobia, and harmonize the approach at European level to improve the identification and protection of gipsy population in vulnerable situations in the workplace.
- Supporting the exchange and cooperation between different European cities, for an effective fight against racism.
- Empower roma population, by ethnicity suffer employment discrimination, supporting them in defending their rights.
- Increase awareness among the stakeholder and the different actors of public government or civil society of its responsibility in the fight against discrimination based on ethnic and stereotyped behaviors that are associated with this source.
- Local round tables with the participation of all local actors, to make a diagnosis and to detect how and where racism is shown towards gipsy people.
- 3 study visits to identify local best practices in prevention and elimination of discrimination in the workplace.
- Workshops for roma on job search
- Awareness campaigns aimed at gipsy people, employers and other labor market actors. In order to combat racism and xenophobia in all aspects that make up the labor market, taking into account the characteristics of gipsy people.
- Establishment of a network of social and occupational integration and support, designed to monetize all efforts and resources for the socio-professional integration of gipsy people, posing a participatory approach with this group, from a perspective of empowerment.
- Web-Directory specialized in the fight against discrimination, racism and xenophobia for professional organizations and workplace resources. It will include good practices identified, materials racism, directory of persons and groups working in this field in the participating countries, integration plans, linguistic diversity, human rights and laws.
Role of Fopsim:
1. Collaborate in project management and quality assurance activities, according to the commitments established by the applicant partner.
2. Help in the designment and implementation of the network, as a database and link to all interested in the issue, to cooperate on disadvantaged groups'employment integration.
3. Provide expertise to the project on the target group.
4. Regionally, we'll develop all workstreams among the target groups, and help disseminate all results among stakeholders.
5. Ensure participation of experts and professionals at all study visits, when needed, providing the greatest expertise for the exchange of best practices and knowledge, enriching the project. Also, of appropiate staff for all actions.
6. To prepare and elaborate, with the rest of partners, the joint work of the project and the development of activities. We will provide with contacts from our region to the database, for the spread of information. Also, translation of leaflets and posters into our language.
7. To guarantee the publicity and diffusion of the project in our region respecting the regulation of publicity of the EU, and ensure the European spread of all information regarding the project, ensuring the widest possible knowledge among the community.
8. Ensure that the exploitation plan is rightly developed within our region.
This publication has been produced with the financial support of the Rights, Equality and Citizenship Programme of the European Union. The contents of this publication are the sole responsibility of FOPSIM and can in no way be taken to reflect the views of the European Commission.