Project: EAST: Environment, Activities, Studies and Exchanges
Program: Erasmus+ (KA2)
Duration: 24 Months
Start Date: 01/06/2017
The main idea of the project is related to environmental issues, sustainable development, training.
Confirming the importance of education and training of youth, the needs in strengthening and building new professional and transversal skills, we considered the important contribution to the professional growth, which the union of formal (FE), non-formal (NFE) and informal education can bring, targeting the environmental training on the competences.
E.A.S.T. aspires to create more opportunities for youth in education and employment according to the competences of youth involved, to address the challenge of youth unemployment through strengthening the links between the youth sector and the training needs of the labour market, promoting education to self-employment, providing educational opportunities and empowerment for youth on the subject of training in the field of Eu project planning within the themes of environment, sustainable development and green jobs.
Objectives were set according to the needs of youth as integral part of the community:
- to provide a better knowledge on the environmental issues for improving the accessibility and usability of green areas and developing environmentally literate citizenry;
- to exchange best practices and create long-term, high quality partnerships in the youth field under this priority;
- to promote synergies in the youth field and stimulate the participation of authorities;
- to analyse the environmental use and related to it issues, both in terms of innovative sustainable development and the education of youth in participating countries within EU;
- to innovate and improve the quality and the range of initial training of young people active and/ or potentially interested to venture in the field of environmental, sustainable development and green jobs by elaborating NF environmental education curriculum aimed at empowering of youth and thus to facilitate facing the challenge of youth unemployment;.
- to promote the exchanges, training and cooperation among youth workers from EU countries and provide young people with useful soft and hard skills in order to use them in their professional lives.
The partnership commits to apply to the curriculum materials the open-licence format to permit better access of youth to professional knowledge and transversal skills achievement in the perspective of youth’s active role in the educational process aimed at competences.
- 1. Kick-off: Alcamo, Italy; 9-10 Nov. 2017
- 2. Steering meeting: Malta, 26-27 Feb 2018
- 3. Steering meeting: Croatia, Jun 2018
- 4. Steering meeting: Romania, Oct 2018
- 5. Steering meeting: Spain, Feb 2019
- 6. Closing meeting: Italy, May 2019
- EURO (Italy) -coordinator
- CURBA DE CULTURA (Romania)
- ECO COMMUNITIES (UK) -withdrawal
- FOPSIM (P4)
- TZG Jastrebarskog (Hrvatska)
- ORSA (Italy)
- NUOVO ATENEO (Italy)